Load up your bike bags with local delicacies and surprise your family and friends with Kasteelkaas cheese, Goeie Mie Gin or craft beers. Are you already familiar with all the local specialties?
Surprising products from the Region
There’s a huge range of local delicacies on offer in the Region of Surprises! We’ve put together a list of great local addresses:
- Bakkerij Hugo de Groot ('Oegstgeester Dakpan biscuits)
- Brasserie Zijlstroom (dining in a kitchen garden)
- Brouwerij Cavé
- Brouwerij Crooked Spider
- Brouwerij Voorschoten
- Cacao van jou (artisan chocolate products)
- Goeie Mie Gin
- Landgoedwinkel Kasteel Oud – Poelgeest
- Oma Appel (organic regional products)
- Natuurdrogist NatuurHoek (Panbos honey, from June)
Taste the Region! Boxes
In partnership with the Region of Surprises, Pronck brewery has developed a ‘Taste the Region!’ box. It’s packed with all kinds of products from suppliers in the Region, each produced and selected with the greatest of care. A selection of surprises that will leave you spoilt for choice.
As well as the regional product box, there’s a specialty box for fans of beer and cheese. Six regional beers and cheese have been selected for at-home tasting. Order a Taste the Region! box for yourself or as a surprise for someone else.Order your box here!